Job Openings Junior Db2 (LUW) Database Administrator
About the job Junior Db2 (LUW) Database Administrator
1-3 years of experience in DB2 (LUW) database administration.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Executing Db2 Database daily operation tasks, like executing select queries and DDL statements.
- Offer Db2 database administration support for application development and testing teams.
- Providing technical support and maintenance for Db2 Databases.
- Develop and maintain scripts for database environments.
- Providing level 1 of support by performing troubleshooting and maintenance for multiple databases.
- Resolve any database issues in accurate and timely fashion.
- Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
- Manage database logins and permissions for users.
- Ability to travel/relocate within Middle East region.
- Linux basic knowledge (Administration is a plus)
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English.
- DB2 Database Administration Certification is a plus.
- Security knowledge is a must.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-organized and self-managed.
- Ability to do fast learning, receiving delivering handovers in timely fashion.
- Fast adaptation to different working environments.
- Knowledge of administrating IBM WebSphere Application Server is a plus.