About the job Database Administrator Manager
-The role is responsible for maintaining availability and performance of mission critical database systems that runs on Oracle. Additionally, provide day-to-day support and administration for enterprise-wide Oracle Database infrastructure and interconnected technologies to maintain performance, scalability, availability and compliance in line with Organization standards and goals.
-Must have sound administrative and development knowledge on: Oracle Database 11g, 12c and 19c on Oracle Solaris 10, 11 and Linux platforms.
1. Ensure that the databases are designed, deployed and maintained as per defined Enterprise standards and requirements. Ensure that the RPO and RTO goals are always met.
2. Maintain acceptable performance levels across all databases. Analyze and work with development teams to solve reported performance defects on time.
3. Acts as a center of excellence for Oracle database performance management. Maintain exceptional performance tuning knowledge with respect to Oracle databases.
4. Proactively analyze database performance and, suggest and drive performance improvement plans along with other stake holders.
5. Analyze new requirements and propose innovative solutions inline with business goals and optimize costs.
6. Act as a senior member of the team. Explore new technologies, engage and coach other members of the team.
7. Automate day-to-day tasks wherever possible, implement shift-left and self-service practices to reduce human efforts spent on routine tasks.
8. Define monitoring principles for the database area and ensure all database services are optimally monitored.
9. Ensure all databases are secured and necessary controls are put-in place to maintain compliance with various industry standards such as PCI-DSS.
10. Ensure reported Incidents are resolved on priority. Participate and contribute to Root cause analysis and problem tickets that arise from Incidents.
11. Coordinate within infrastructure team to deliver work appropriately and resolve any complex issues that requires deeper analysis.
12. Be a part of out-of-office support roster on a rotational basis to be able to respond and resolve any high priority incidents.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
6+ years of experience in the field of Oracle database administration.
Minimum of 2 years experience as an Oracle developer.
Required technical skills
Mandatory: - Oracle 11G, 12c, 19c on Solaris and Linux platforms, RAC, ASM, Active Dataguard, RMAN, TDE, Partitioning, PL/SQL, Advanced performance tuning, Scripting.
Very Good command of English language , or equivalent to Upper-Intermediate level.