About the job Senior Data Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Data Engineer with experience in migrating data from Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) to CDP Private Cloud. As a CDP Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems that will migrate data from HDP to CDP Private Cloud. You will be working with a team of data engineers, architects, and administrators to ensure the successful migration of data from HDP to CDP Private Cloud.
- Design, build, and maintain data processing systems to migrate data from HDP to CDP Private Cloud.
- Work closely with the data engineering team, architects, and administrators to ensure the successful migration of data.
- Perform data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping to ensure data integrity during the migration process.
- Develop and implement data migration strategies, including data validation and testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that data is migrated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create technical documentation, including data migration plans, data flow diagrams, and process documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering and migration, preferably with Cloudera Data Platform and Hortonworks Data Platform
- Strong understanding of data processing and migration tools, such as Apache NiFi, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cloudera Developer certification
- Experience with Cloudera Data Platform (CDP)