About the job Senior Devops
Roles & Responsibilities:
1- Reviewing the existing strategy & approach before starting the Containerization & CI/CD implementation.
2-Reviewing the required hardware specification that will be used for DevOps environment,
3-Build a checklist of prerequisites to receive Open Shift farm which expected to be built by other department,
4-Reviewing the current Open-Shift design, architecture and define the gaps if any considering multitenancy, shared and micro services,
5-Setting strategy to on-board new applications on DevOps stack
6-Defining the requirements from app owners/ technical team to be shifted to DevOps with Containerization.
7-Recommending & working on enhancements on targeted applications design and architecture to fit to DevOps culture.
8-Giving hands on sessions to the app owners/ DevOps team highlighting the benefits from DevOps transformation
9-Defining the standards, best practices, and main aspects to be considered to build a DevOps operating model
10-Recommending & building processes enhancements to align with DevOps culture and best practices
11-Supporting DevOps section with a roadmap for the coming 3 years,
12-Capable to analyze reported issues & provide solutions,
13-Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors,
Job Requirements :
- A solid work experience with DevOps,
- A solid work experience with containerization (Open Shift),
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Java, and writing code and scripts,
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging,
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics,
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics,
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity,
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills,
- Solid experience in building and operating CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with one or more CI/CD tools (Jenkins is preferred)
- Experience with one or more project and issue tracking tools (JIRA and MS TFS are preferred)