Job Openings Senior DB2 (LUW) Database Administrator (Co-Pilot)
About the job Senior DB2 (LUW) Database Administrator (Co-Pilot)
6+ years of experience in DB2 (LUW) database administration.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Master DB2 Installation, configuration, update, and upgrade.
- Offer DBA DB2 support for application development and testing teams.
- Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
- Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with software developers to perform application database performance tuning such as application query tuning, index creation, optimizer hints, and table and data model modifications
- Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
- Perform database enhancement and modification as per the requirements.
- Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain scripts for database environments.
- Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs.
- Assist in implementation of new features and program fixes in databases.
- Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
- Collaborate with the security team on developing database security standards and practices by developing scripts that will perform security health checks for review by security and the manager of database services
- Providing level 3 of support by performing troubleshooting and maintenance for multiple databases.
- Resolve any database issues in accurate and timely fashion.
- Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
- Oversee utilization of data and log files.
- Manage database logins and permissions for users.
- Creating, implementing, and executing database cloning procedures to support application requirements and development and testing cycles.
- Guiding lower levels of support by illustrating and documenting support processes.
- Build highly available DB environments in the same/different sites.
- Ability to travel/relocate within Middle East region.
- Linux basic knowledge (Administration is a plus)
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Experience in DB2 LUW (Certification is a plus)
- Security knowledge is a must
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-organized, can manage a small team of less experienced teammates.
- Ability to do fast learning, receiving delivering handovers in timely fashion.
- Good planner, has the ability to plan for system enhancements, patching, upgrades.
- Fast adaptation to different working environments.
- Knowledge of administrating IBM WebSphere Application Server is a plus.