Job Openings Senior Data Engineer
About the job Senior Data Engineer
- Build scalable data pipelines to ingest data from a variety of data sources, identify critical data elements and define data quality rules.
- Develop and implement databases and data collection systems & Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Design and develop capabilities to deliver innovative and improved data solutions.
- Evaluate and improve data quality by implementing test cases, alerts and data quality safeguards.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field is a preferred
- +4 years of Experience in data processing, analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data.
- Good knowledge of relational data warehousing technologies especially in cloud data warehousing (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Vertica, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, Python is preferred.
- Experience in big data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of distributed computing and data modeling.
- Strong experience with SQL.
- Proficient with Git.