Job Openings OpenShift Platform Administrator
About the job OpenShift Platform Administrator
- Required Skills/Experience
- 3+ years' experience working with RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
- 2+ years experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- Experience with Java, WAS and enterprise application architectures
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment
- conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices is preferable
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Tekton or comparable substitutes is preferable
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical
- Working Kubernetes experience.
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies
- Monitoring Logging and troubleshooting skills
- Installation and administration of RedHat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)
- Installation and administration of IBM Cloud Pak for Integration (CP4I) operators such as: APIC, ACE, DataPower and MQ over OCP Cluster.
- Focus on application concerns including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the OpenShift platform Resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain and translate relevant details of the OpenShift platform and its constituent components to those less familiar
- Building, testing, and administering several highly available RedHat OpenShift Container Platform clusters
- Participate in projects initiation for Solution Physical Architecture, Infrastructure sizing and capacity panning specific to target customers
- Work with vendors for feature enhancements, troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems.
- Monitor hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling.
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Consult with development users to determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of interfaces for related tool integrations
- Performance tuning of infrastructure components.
- Review project deliverables of completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action if necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating as needed
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines as appropriate
- Partner with architects to design and engineer solutions for internal customers
- Develops and maintains a positive rapport with other teams in the IT organization