About the job Tax Manager (Philippines)
About our Client:
We have been retained by a global automotive portal company which operates under established brand names across Southeast Asia to place a Tax Senior Manager to be based in Manila. This role will report to the VP Finance.
- Be the tax specialist, prepare tax-related transactions, ensure accuracy and completeness of tax reports.
- Monthly and annual tax reports and fulfill all taxation obligations in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance and prepare budgets and ensure optimum efficiency for taxation.
- Planning for operational funding requirements, annual corporate income tax, transfer pricing, and transactions.
- Reliable information on financing and tax obligations due on a timely basis.
- Presentation, analysis, action plan, and decisions for tax utilization, refunds, and revenue growth.
- Prepare and review all documents required for tax process.
- Calculate and submit the company's monthly and annual tax returns.
- Reconcile monthly taxes with accounting records in ledger.
- Prepare e-Billing statements.
- Up to date with new and relevant tax regulations and align with stakeholders.
- Handle tax issues arising from partners or authorities independently.
- Data reconciliation and liaising with external tax consultants for diagnostics review, due-diligence, transfer pricing documentation.
- Validate tax rate of invoices prior to processing.
- Prepare Withholding tax slips.
- Work across functions for process improvements and tax efficiency.
- Bachelors degree from reputable university majoring in Accounting or equivalent (tax-consultant qualification will be an added advantage).
- A minimum of working experience of 8-10 years in both tax consulting and start-ups would be ideal.
- Can operate local tax programs.
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written.
- Able to work in a team and have a strong willingness to learn.
- Able to deliver the work within the deadline.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and detail-oriented. Proactive, reliable and responsible for the job.