About the job Project Manager Sport for Development and Peace
Job Title: Project Manager Sport for Development and Peace (SDP)
Duty Station: Doha, Qatar
Workplace: Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD)
Job Type: Full-Time Employment (outsourced yearly contract)
Duration: (yearly renewable contract) on payrolls of Qatari Company, PPL Dynamics an iHorizons Qatar Company) - https://ppldynamics.com/about-us/
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for a recently launched initiative that uses sports as a tool for promoting sustainable development and peace. The Project Manager Sport for Development and Peace (SDP) is part of the Strategic Planning Sector of the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) and will report to the Head of the Global Advocacy Section. The successful candidate has substantial knowledge, expertise, and experience in the field of Sport for Development and Peace (SDP) at both levels, advocacy, and implementation of field projects, and she/he must have the necessary vision, leadership, and communication skills as well as relevant networks in the field of SDP to further promote, implement and expand the initiative in an effective, efficient, and sustainable way.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the initiative and ensure timely and quality implementation of all its activities as approved by the Steering Committee and in close cooperation with and supported by the technical team from QFFD (advocacy) and QC (field projects).
- Provide strategic guidance, advice, and inputs on how to improve, expand and broaden the initiative and present suggestions to the Steering Committee for decision-making. Support the development of a longer-term SDP strategy to achieve the initiatives goals.
- Identify and map new potential implementing partners, network and advocacy partners and relevant SDP advocacy platforms.
- Coordinate the Steering Committee meetings and provide the agenda, supporting documents, reports, minutes of meeting, etc. in a timely manner.
- Manage Call for Proposals for SDP projects in coordination with the Steering Committee and supported by technical staff from QC; screen submitted proposals against pre-agreed criteria and elaborate a short list for decision-making by the Steering Committee.
- Ensure a Results-Based Approach in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in close coordination with the QFFD and QC M&E teams; identify good project practices and further evidence on SDP for advocacy purposes.
- Elaborate an annual SDP advocacy plan and support its implementation in close coordination with QFFD technical staff; elaborate speaking notes and communication materials for advocacy efforts at the global, national, and local levels, and support the organization of events.
- Monitor the overall progress of the initiative against pre-agreed KPIs and report to the Steering Committee for accountability, steering and learning purposes. A comprehensive assessment of the initiatives progress and achievements will be conducted annually by the Steering Committee.
- Draft an annual report highlighting the achievements, good practices, lessons learnt, and challenges faced throughout the reporting year to be submitted to the Steering Committee.
- Masters degree in international development, sociology, psychology, physical education, or any other relevant university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in SDP in both areas, advocacy, and implementation of field projects, ideally from a donor perspective.
- Sound and up-to date knowledge of the global SDP community, the key actors, recent developments, trends, existing evidence, and knowledge gaps. Availability of an existing SDP network that comprises the key actors.
- Proven track record in managing projects of similar scope and complexity and producing timely and quality assessments, reports, and steering documents.
- Proven expertise and experience in applying a Results-Based Approach to Project Cycle Management, ideally in the field of SDP.
- Strong analytical and editorial skills, ability to synthesize and write intelligibly for different audiences.
- Ability to steer complex processes involving several stakeholders through an inclusive, participatory approach. Experience of managing and working in cross-organizational working groups with strong coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to work and communicate in Arabic is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to further develop SDP capacities of the technical QFFD and QC teams involved in the initiative and transfer relevant knowledge.
- Goal focused with an ability to influence and motivate others and foster collaboration, liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures, and to act with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work efficiently, quickly and to deadline