The ideal candidate will have a background in simulation systems for autonomous robots. The candidate will have experience with automated testing, log replay, and new component development.
- Develop simulation tools to allow for ease of new development and testing of critical systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain simulation systems to allow for testing of the perception, localization, planning, control systems on the robotic platform.
- Mentor and guide junior developers using experience and through code reviews.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of expertise to help make decisions to improve the robotic platform.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers to solve complex, real-world robotic problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Robotics, or Computer Science.
- Strong software engineering background with a knowledge of modern software engineering best practices.
- 5+ years of software development experience using modern C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17).
- Experience with simulating complex tasks in a virtual environment.
- Ability to work independently and with engineering and production groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience using Linux as a development environment.
Communication Skills Production EASE Development Environment Reviews Developers Software Development Computer Science C++ Linux Software Testing Leadership Engineering Planning Design Communication Science