We are looking for an organized and dependable Accounting Professional to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our team. Responsibilities include A/P, A/R, payroll support, financial report summaries and maintaining records to support audits. The ability to quickly learn ERP systems is required. Additional ad hoc support may include compliance support with union and state employment agreements and coordination of insurance requirements.
Role will need to be on-site 3 days per week, able to work 2 days remotely
- Manages accounting functions including accounts receivable/ accounts payable, reconcile customer invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Prepares deposits and reconciles bank accounts; makes necessary adjustments on time.
- Manages system to support audit requests electronically.
- Maintains fixed assets listings and depreciation journal entries.
- Maintains and manages other journal entries as required including periodic accruals.
- Works with operations, sales and project management to on-board customers and manage customer invoicing.
- Coordinates insurance requirements with outside brokers and customers when required.
- Manages / Co-manages weekly payroll process including expense reports and adherence to policies.
- Prepares periodic reporting to government agencies.
- Performs monthly close, including analysis of significant variances.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong general accounting knowledge as well as ERP, Excel, Word, Outlook, Office 365 and SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge of audit standards.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or work well across the organization.
- Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills.
- Desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity.
- Broad knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of experience in similar role