The Legal Billing Coordinator plays an important role in the Finance team and reports to the Finance Manager. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for issuing accurate and timely invoices, on a monthly basis, for an assigned number of attorneys. Duties include incorporating attorney edits to monthly proformas, finalizing, and submitting invoices to clients electronically or by mail. Maintains client/ matter information in the finance system (Prolaw) such as addresses, rates, and invoice templates as necessary.
- Reviews and edits monthly proformas as instructed by the Billing Attorney
- Verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation, as required.
- Generates and distributes invoices in accordance with Firm and Client guidelines.
- Researches and responds to billing inquiries from both attorneys and clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains client rates, addresses, invoices templates, and e-billing information
- Submits invoices by mail, email, and to third party e-billing sites via E-Billing Hub as required.
- Assists e-billing team with setting up matters for e-billing on vendor sites
- Coordinates appeals for rejected invoices.
- Provides client accruals, status updates and budgets upon request.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates Degree with emphasis in business or accounting, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior experience with billing or other accounting functions desirable.
- Experience in a law firm or other professional service environment a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of electronic billing processes and procedures preferred.