Litigation Attorney Oil & Gas
We are seeking an experienced litigation attorney with a strong background in oil and gas litigation to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience representing clients in complex litigation matters related to the energy industry. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal counsel and representation to our clients in various litigation matters, including but not limited to oil and gas disputes, environmental litigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Represent clients in litigation matters related to oil and gas disputes, including but not limited to contract disputes, lease disputes, royalty disputes, and environmental litigation.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to provide clients with accurate and timely advice on legal issues related to the energy industry.
- Develop and implement litigation strategies to achieve favorable outcomes for clients.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, including pleadings, motions, and briefs.
- Appear in court on behalf of clients and argue legal positions.
- Conduct and manage all aspects of discovery, including drafting and responding to discovery requests, taking and defending depositions, and preparing witnesses for testimony.
- Work collaboratively with other attorneys and staff to ensure effective representation of clients.
- Stay current on legal developments and changes in the law related to the energy industry.
- Attend and participate in industry conferences and events to stay current on industry trends and developments.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- Active and in good standing with the State Bar in PA, OH, or WV
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in litigation, with a focus on oil and gas litigation.
- Strong knowledge of the oil and gas industry, including industry regulations and best practices.
- Experience with all aspects of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, and trial preparation.