Network Security Engineer
• Prepares the OPEX and CAPEX budgets for security operations and tracks the expenditures.
• Prepares the Statement of Work of the maintenance support contract, evaluates the vendor’s submissions, and participates in commercial and technical negotiations with the vendors.
• Ensure the smooth operation of Broadband security solutions.
• Review system alarms, log messages and other tools to identify system misbehaviors.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes being made to the network infrastructure.
• Performance monitoring to ensure service availability and integrity.
• Troubleshoot network problems, system outages and schedule timely deployment upgrades.
• Service and upgrade procedure verification for software patches and hardware upgrades.
• Work closely with vendors to implement software patches or hardware upgrades during green zone period, when required.
• Ensure compliance with the TCS/BCS Code of Practice for IP equipment infrastructure, which includes (but not limited to) Physical Perimeter Security, Incident Management, Vulnerability Management, System Hardening, DDoS Attack Detection/Mitigation, Correlation of Security Events and Business Continuity Management.
• Report relevant threats and vulnerabilities on a quarterly basis.
• Report relevant security incidents within the stipulated time frame.
• Liaise with the Security Committee members and the Broadband Operations Team to ensure that all compliance-related activities are performed in accordance to the Regulatory (TCS/BCS) and company's (CSRC) Code of Practice.
• Be able to train staff on new systems, services or configuration requirements.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, major incidents and reviews, when required.
• Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Applied Science/Information Technology from a recognized institution.
• Over 3 years of relevant experience.
• Experienced in dealing with security monitoring, assessment and resolution of security incidents, with an eye-for-detail.
• Competent in handling DDOS, Malware, Virus attack for incidents mgmt and post mortem incident investigation works.
• Competent in managing IP network equipment, network operation & security and implement best practices.
• A self-starter with a positive work ethic and the ability to work well in a team.
• Service-oriented and customer-focused mindset.
• Possess relevant soft skills to maintain effective working relationships with other teams.
• Task-oriented, with sense of urgency in executing operational duties.
• Able to work with tight timeline to deliver results.
• Willing to be placed on call on 24x7 basis.
• Possess basic technical or academic knowledge in the following areas/services: TCPIP networking, L2/L3 IP protocols, Cacti, TACACS, syslog and network firewall.
• Security incident management, intrusion detection/prevention, DDoS mitigation.
• Network and Systems security enforcement.
• Security Vulnerability assessment.
Please send your most updated CV in MS WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your availability, current and expected remuneration package.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Quinnox Solutions Pte Ltd (License Number: 06C3126)
Registered EA Personnel (Reg. No.:R1111100)
Business Continuity Mitigation Best Practices OPEX Incident Management Capex Prevention Deployment BASIC Network Security Management System Investigation Reviews Engineer Budgets Infrastructure LTD Operations Change Management MS Word Networking Availability Vendors Security Software Science Engineering Maintenance Business Management