About the job Supplier Development Engineer
RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is looking for Supplier Development Engineer to join our growing team in Greensboro, NC. RAKHERE TECHNOLOGIES is a Staffing and Engineering & Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors.
As Supplier Partner Development Engineer, you are expected to support all activities that ensure a continuous flow of parts supply to our Plants. In addition, this role must also attempt to minimize costs. During supplier development and technical assistance missions, the engineer must choose the right approach, depth, focus, techniques, and lessons learned, in order to properly address situations. Each supplier development opportunity may be unique.
- Able to analyze supplier capacity and supplier investment requests.
- Actively engaged with suppliers and supply chains.
- Ability to accurately assess supplier weaknesses and provide solutions.
- Monitor high risk supplier development issues in order to prevent crisis at our operations.
- Drive and develop supplier problem solving techniques for identified supplier fault issues.
- Fix and develop supplier production systems and processes to prevent impact to operations.
- Drive supplier operational excellence.
- Set focused priorities to reach objectives.
- Work in accordance with the GTP processes and the Code of Conduct.
- Represent GTP at suppliers and escalate as needed to prevent crisis.
- University degree required. Major in engineering or business management or supply chain management preferred.
- Supply chain (quality and development) and/or production experience.
- Preferably experience from the automotive or heavy commercial truck industry in supplier quality and capacity, manufacturing engineering, supplier development or crisis management.
- Strong problem solving, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong accountability and project management for tasks without close supervision.
- Act with a strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected.
- Able to handle unfamiliar tasks, using previous experiences.
- Ability to multitask and manage workload efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to drive sense of urgency to suppliers focused on information, communication, and results.
- Provide direct & actionable feedback.
- Be customer focused.
- Provide timely information for accurate decisions.
- Able to create trustful relations and face reality, surface problems and support finding solutions.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills.
- Able to execute in a complex regional organization.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, and provide solutions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.