About the job Senior Project Manager - Heavy Civil / Infrastructure / Tunneling
Senior Project Manager - Heavy Civil / Infrastructure / Tunneling
Our client is one of North America’s leading heavy civil contractors with operations in the US and Canada. With a growing portfolio of work in the infrastructure sector, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the growing Vancouver office.
As the Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for providing oversight to the Project Managers running the water, sewer, and underground utilities projects in Canada and assist with the development and mentoring of project managers and project engineers. As the Senior PM you will provide assistance with all phases of project procurement and project development as well as review project finances, schedule and provide assistance with project planning.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Responsible for quality and strict adherence to all quality standards. Conform to company policy.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance
- Manages client relationship, commercial contracts, claim management, risk on the project.
- Direct multiple crews performing independent operations concurrently, maintain high levels of efficiency without sacrificing safety and quality, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff (including Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Teams) to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Assist with business development.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Review financial cost projections during the project execution and upon project wrap-up.
- Review schedule/progress of projects and provide planning assistance to PM’s & Superintendents.
- Oversee claim development and review of project claims/change orders
- Liaison between the contractors management and customers.
- Recruit new employees, participate in the full recruitment cycle including pre-screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates; as well as working with HR during the offer of employment stage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High school diploma or equivalent, 10-15 years of relevant experience (or as contract requires), or equivalent combination
- 5 or more years of experience in complex, multi-disciplinary civil construction projects such as water/waste water, deep utility installation, tunneling, micro tunneling.
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and the contractors Legal Department
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project or Oracle P6 Primavera
- Eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in B.C.
- PMP certification (Desired)