About the job Software Engineer
Role: Software Developer/Engineer (Junior, Journeyman, Senior)
On-Site: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Salary: $75,000 - $120,000+ depending on experience and position
Secret or TS/SCI Clearance Required!
The Software Developer/Engineer will use Java and C# to develop, customize, and maintain the ticketing and ITSM application. Additional duties will include granting privileges to tables, user creation/account management, transferring data, writing scripts, etc.
Typical Duties Include:
· Overseeing all stages of fundamental computer and information science in support of Electronic Warfare (EW) systems that support the importation of data from several EW databases and is used by engineers to review, modify, and export data in various formats.
· Participate in the design, analysis, simulation, requirements definition, performance specifications, procurement, test, and evaluation of EW integrated systems/equipment.
· Identifying issues and developing solutions to hardware and software issues.
· Applying engineering, analytical, and technical disciplines and skills to establish and maintain long-term engineering, operation, and maintenance support for the in-service system capabilities.
· Applying theoretical expertise to creating new technologies; conducting analyses of scientific, engineering, and other technical problems.
· Develop Application Programming Interface (APIs) to simplify design, administration and use of new tools and products, or manage existing ones.
· Participate in Agile development process as a software developer.
· Act as team leader developing desktop and client/server applications with C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server, troubleshooting and fixing customer issues, deploying software applications at customer site, developing plans, guidelines, or controls, and directing the work of other computer scientists, software application developers, specialists, and technicians.
Required Education and Experience:
· 2 - 7 years direct/related experience (5 years within the 7 years must be relevant/direct application development experience).
· BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
· Senior position - At least one (1) year of the foregoing experience shall have been as team leader or supervisor.
· Expert knowledge of Agile\Scrum Practice.
· Experience as a Project Manager, Product Owner and Scrum Master.
· Ability to work with people and manage a team, as well as projects.
· Experience with gathering requirements from customer and translate into stories for the developer to develop from.
· Experience with understanding underlying code structures and knowing how and where to incorporate new functionality, while maintaining clean source code and code efficiency and communicating to the developer for implementation.
· Experience developing software applications using C# and .NET.
· Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
· Experience developing both Windows and internet applications.
· Experience developing in MS TFS (Team Foundation Server) IDE, using TFS as a software source repository and managing assigned Stories, Tasks and Bugs; knowledge of basic branching and merging.
· Experience with MVC, Entity Framework (EF), and BootStrap.
· Experience with development of Application Programming Interface (APIs)
· Experience with Agile development process as a software developer.
· Active / Valid DoD Secret (and ability to obtain a TS/SCI) or TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility); applicant must maintain clearance in active/valid status
· Clearance investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
· Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
· Active / valid DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification (Security +); applicant must maintain currency of same.
· Active, or must be able to obtain, DoD 8570.01-M IASAE-II certification (e.g. CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP or better).
· Experience with MS Azure Cloud environment, tools, and services.
· Experience with MS Azure Cloud DevOps Services.
· Experience with Bootstrap.
· Working knowledge of radar, electronic warfare systems (EWS) and geographic information systems (GIS).
· Web based applications development using Java.
Who We Are:
Recruiting Heroes (RecruitingHeroesLLC.com) is an employment agency founded by a former First Responder. We are dedicated to finding amazing careers for America's Veterans and First Responders.
Recruiting Heroes LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.