About the job Quality Engineer
Role: Quality, Engineer
On-Site: Monroe, North Carolina
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Recruiting Heroes is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Quality Engineer to serve our client in Monroe, North Carolina.
The Quality Engineer ensures operational adherence and compliance to the Quality Management System, (QMS), requirements. This role is expected to contribute to the adherence, improvement, and maintenance of the QMS through the use of statistical process control, internal auditing, quality and operational improvement activities, as well as interaction with senior leadership and suppliers. This role will be an active participant in production, quality, and engineering improvement projects. Some travel may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manage and lead root cause and corrective action, (RCCA), process for discrepant product/processes.
· Verify effective corrective action implementation and sustainment.
· Act as facilitator and coordinator for interdepartmental teams as RCCA/compliance SME.
· Organize and manage the plant internal audit system.
· Conduct quality and operational system audits and assist in training other auditors.
· Liaises with external/internal auditors, customer auditors, and ensures the execution of corrective actions and compliance with customer and company requirements.
· Work directly with suppliers to prevent or correct discrepant material and drive continual improvement.
· Support the company's quality inspection and product release programs for incoming, in-process, and finished product acceptance processes.
· Identifies quality and compliance related training needs of personnel.
· Compile and issue weekly/monthly reports to senior management.
Skills and Abilities:
· Proficiency in interpretation of engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, (GD&T).
· Statistical process control, (SPC), and Data analysis skills with proven ability to perform failure mode effect analysis, (FMEA), and analysis of variance, (ANOVA).
· Experience working within quality systems, such as ISO management systems, and continual improvement initiatives.
· Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as detail orientated.
· Ability to define root causes through the use of statistical analysis techniques.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or other related engineering field.
· Minimum of 2 to 5 years of quality engineering experience within a manufacturing environment required.
· Minimum of 2 years working within a certified QMS. Such as ISO 9001, 14001, 45001.
· High level of experience using standard quality tools; flow charts, pareto charts, 5 Why, Fishbone, etc.
· Experience with MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Auto CAD, and ERP/MRP software.
· ASQ Certification or equivalent is desirable.
· Lead or Internal Auditor Certification is desirable.
Who We Are:
Recruiting Heroes (RecruitingHeroesLLC.com) is an employment agency founded by a former First Responder. We are dedicated to finding amazing careers for America's Veterans and First Responders.
Recruiting Heroes LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.