About the job Senior Financial Controller
Company : Our Client is one of Nigeria's largest most diversified private construction groups. Client-focused establishment stems from extensive Tier 1 and large corporation.
With over 7000 team members, they work across all major sectors including: Oil & Gas, Marine, FMCG, Government.
Market Expertise: -Airport - Seaports -Infrastructure -Buildings -Oil and Gas - Industrial -Facility Service
Job Title: Senior Financial Controller
Reports to: Group Finance Director
Number of Staff Supervised: 4+
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Professional qualifications from a recognized body is a plus (CPA, ACCA, CMA, DipIFR)
Managing the financial activities. Providing guidance and presenting accountability for meeting the desired goals of financial management, financial reporting and financial control. Planning, managing and overseeing the activities, operations and resources, and providing support to the staff to enable generating accurate and timely financial information.
Develops the strategy for operating and financing activities of the finance and accounting department of the company, in line with the head office finance and accounting strategy to ensure vertical alignment. Establish horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across management
Champions the preparation of the budget, recommends to management changes to the budget and liaise with the head office for approving the budget. Monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are exploited.
Manages the effective achievement of the departmental objectives through leading the team towards common goals.
Guides oneself and team members on setting individual objectives, and subsequently managing performance, putting development plans and motivating team members on achieving their potential. Provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
Job Related Tasks / Duties and Responsibilities:
- (8+) years of experience among which at least (3) years in a supervisory position
- Develops and forecasts budgets.
- Implements finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Revises finance and accounting policies and procedures based on change in business transactions, standards update or feedback from auditors.
- Determines effect of potential business decisions on financial performance.
- Ensures prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepares timely financial statements.
- Reports variances and liaise with business units and support functions to analyze the variances and agree on corrective actions.
- Oversees accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, costs recognition, inventory and general ledger entries.
- SAP experience is a must
- Administration Skills
- Business Understanding Skills
- Communication Skills