About the job Operations Manager
Are you ready to take on a brand new role in our leadership team?
Can you ensure that our business runs effectively and efficiently to achieve its mission?
This is a fantastic opportunity with an established and growing financial services business. Reporting directly to the MD and overseeing a team of 10, this role with give you a high level of responsibility and the chance to make a role your own. It will be your task to ensure the business runs smoothly and is prepared for growth and you will ultimately free up the Director to be more external, taking full responsibility for the day to day running of the business operations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable giving direction and thinking strategically, troubleshooting issues and being proactive to improve business processes and practices. You'll be able to work well on your own initiative and under pressure and have experience of working with entrepreneurs/ business founders in a fast-paced environment. This role would suit someone with operations experience that is gained from any industry.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead EFPs performance as a member of the business leadership team.
- Serve as exemplary role model for EFPs mission, values and policies for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce regular reports and analysis for the Director on outputs, progress and performance of the business
- Contribute to the development of EFPs business planning and decision-making as part of the leadership team.
- Leading on the implementation of a company scorecard.
Process Oversight, Design & Implementation
- Oversee the delivery and use of processes within the business, including the use of our IT system and back-office system (Intelliflo Office).
- Work with the client delivery team to identify quarterly priorities and goals.
- Ensure an effective and efficient service to clients through management of the team.
- Design and refine processes as needed and working closely with the team.
- Ensure effective utilisation of reporting systems to ensure EFP stays on track and delivers against target, troubleshooting any problems.
- Ensure processes are aligned with ever changing FCA regulations.
Team management and development
- Lead on team performance and development, ensuring strong line management and accountability systems are in place.
- Develop training and development plans for the team, ensuring that we support our team in line with our mission and values.
- Lead on any future recruitment for the business.
- Oversee external communications including development of the website and other external communications tools.
- Works closely with the team to ensure the EFP mission is effectively communicated in all that we do.
- Produce regular reports on the financial performance of EFP for review with the Director.
- Reconciliation of new business and incoming recurring fees.
- Oversee the implementation of financial targets.
- Oversee half-yearly reports to the regulator (FCA).
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years experience in senior management.
- Senior management experience to include operations, finance, and people management.
- Excellent IT, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, with an understanding of the financial services industry.
- Proven experience of managing complex processes and improving business performance.
- Experience of working with business founders/ entrepreneurs would be an advantage.
- Would suit an individual who enjoys being part of a small friendly team, working in a varied role.
Keywords: office, finance, business, HR, operations, human resources, business, ops, team, manager, management.
Full time hours (flexible working possible), and potential additional 12% earnings.
About Estate Financial Planning (EFP)
Estate Financial Planning was established in 2012, and our team has many years financial planning experience. The business was set up and is run by Clive Jaques, a qualified independent financial advisor, and Life Planner (Kinder Institute) whose passion is building long term relationships with clients and supporting them to achieve their life goals. We work for individuals, families, and businesses in Surrey and beyond. The team of advisors and administrators work from the beautiful village of Westcott in the Surrey Hills.
Our mission is empowering clients to live the life they aspire to. We specialise in building long-term relationships with our clients with a focus on building tailored plans to help clients achieve their financial and life goals.
We're using recruitment specialists Recruitment Rebellion to assist us with this vacancy. Please do apply through the advert and not to us directly as your CV may be missed if you do. Please, no agencies.