About the job Commercial Account Manager
We are seeking Commercial Account Managers who will be responsible for assisting clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts, meeting service and sales delivery standards, and performing essential functions to achieve the quality and service standards developed by the agency. This position will provide assistance to, Producers/Account Executives in the handling and processing of new and renewal commercial business and maintain high service standards.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Complete applications for new and renewal business.
- Prepare proposals and complete applications in coordination with producers.
- Submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers.
- When requested, obtain client signatures on all applications.
- Follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Perform all necessary ratings sufficient for policy quotation and/or issuance on carrier websites or rating programs.
- Calculate the premium if a company-rating program is available.
- Responsible for the issuance of premium-bearing binders, and invoices, and resolving carrier accounting discrepancies.
- Prepare proposals, binders, certificates, account summaries, endorsements, policies, lost policy releases, and account balance status when requested.
- Ensure items are delivered and/or mailed to the client. Initiate correspondence with companies and clients.
- Maintain follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders, correspondence, audits, reports, reporting form coverage, and follow-up on overdue and suspense items.
- Maintain expiration control log.
- Request renewals, endorsements, and other needed data from the companies and insureds. Solicit Producer/Account Executive assistance, when necessary, in order to issue coverage in a timely, efficient manner.
- Bind coverage within agency underwriting authority.
- Check new and renewal policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations and promptly handle for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures, and input these transactions to generate billing invoices and quality products for our customers.
- Maintain files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations, act to save accounts, and notify producers according to agency standards.
- Process and follow up on cancelation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies and comply with the request and/or refer to the Producer/Account Executive.
- Refer current and prospective clients to the Employee Benefits or Personal Insurance Department, or to a Commercial Producer, for solicitation of those lines of business.
- Participate in seminars and other training, to maintain required licenses and for knowledge and skill development.
- Meet with company representatives to update carrier appetite, underwriting guidelines, etc.
- Review all activities relating to the public, customers, and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-4 years of previous account management experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred