About the job Psychiatric Nursing Assistant
We are seeking compassionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as Psychiatric Nurse Assistants (PNAs) at a psychiatric hospital. Successful candidates will work with children and adults in a rewarding environment. While psychiatric experience is preferred, we welcome candidates strongly committed to direct client care.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Provide emergency, health, and personal care to clients in a psychiatric hospital setting.
- Engage in therapeutic client interactions, fostering a supportive and healing environment.
- Monitor clients during meals and activities, ensuring a safe and structured environment.
- Monitor clients' psychiatric symptoms or health states and accurately document observations in records as needed.
- Document clients' behaviors and interactions to contribute to comprehensive patient records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Unit Manager and Resident Specialist.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma/GED
- Direct patient care (2+ years)
- Any of the following licenses/certifications in the state of Texas (TX):
- Valid American Red Cross Basic Life Support (ARC BLS)
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS)
- Valid Regular Driver License (DL)
- Must be able to pass CPR and TIPS (Trauma Intervention Protection Strategies)
- Willing to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.
- Must pass a urine drug screen and background check.
- Must pass an FBI fingerprint background check.