About the job Sr. Integration Engineer
Data is the core of our business, we are the leader in Cannabis Product Assortment & Pricing Intelligence.
To achieve our goal we are leveraging the latest technologies available to build and deliver the best data available in the industry. We have already met our goal of having the largest database of cannabis activity, but it must also be the best in terms of quality and freshness.
With Terabytes of data stacked, 20+ employees in the team, and very quick growth, the data is there and we need someone to help us deliver even faster. As a Data Engineer, and under the supervision of our VP of Data engineering, you will have the following missions:
About the job
You will be instrumental in designing and delivering solutions within our Data Warehouse, Self-Service Tooling, Integrations and Big Data Solutions for multiple functional areas using modern cloud technologies. You will have the chance to combine a deep knowledge of business and technical mastery to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions you deliver!
What You'll Do
● Own the technical architecture, design, and implementation integration
● Collaborate with stakeholders and other engineering leaders to define and develop the data architecture roadmap.
● Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance around solution design and best practices.
● Be hands on to build our initial version of the platform but be the first to come up with ways to improve and iterate.
● Be the swiss army knife of data acquisition and integration...not data should be off limits to you.
Who You Are
● Unafraid of unstructured data (like web data), in fact you relish the challenge.
● An expert at SQL-based ELT/ETL development, and experienced with Python (key), Java, or equivalent scripting language.
● Experienced developing in cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS Redshift, or Snowflake at scale...preferably Snowflake
● Comfortable implementing SOTA DW Architecture - ELT vs. ETL.
● Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB or other open source big data tools is great but not required.
● Experience architecting data solutions utilizing Bl tools like Looker, Tableau, AtScale, PowerBI, or any similar tools is preferred.
● Experience with ETL/Integration toolsets with an eye to building, managing and maintaining hundreds of integrations over time.
What’s in it for you?
● Work with other high-caliber engineers
● Working on really hard, unsolved problems in Big Data and Machine Learning and using cutting edge technologies to do so.
● Flexible working hours – as long as high-quality work gets done
● Easy-going, infrequent office visits to downtown Chicago (Near the trains!) if you are in the area. Otherwise it’s purely remote.
● Guiding the direction and architecture from the product from an early stage
● Building the business as a partner, not an employee.
We start with people who are genuinely nice people to hang out with. Make sure they are super smart and motivated. Lastly, we have a no jerk policy...zero tolerance. No one likes working in a company with a difficult co-worker or boss.
When you focus on the right people, suddenly it’s possible to attack that big idea, crush extremely hard problems, and excite your customer base.
Our philosophy in a nutshell is “People, Product, Profit”. Great companies are created in that order.