About the job Financial Associate (banking)
Consolidates, analyzes, and reports on the financial performance of the business / group to support the month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process, including financial reporting and financial governance. Supports an efficient and effective accounting function that uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, and increases service level performance.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide accounting insights and recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities for alignment with accounting / finance processes and other operational processes.
- Acts as point of escalation on operational matters and matters falling outside of policy.
- Analyzes financial results to support financial period closing and reporting processes and provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for assigned legal entity, business, or group financial information packages.
- Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and financial statements, including applicable tax payments and reconciliations, in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal (e.g. corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Reviews supporting documentation, escalating areas of concern and making any necessary amendments.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops knowledge related to business / group accounting requirements and standards.
- Focus is primarily on business/group may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completed or near completion of an accounting designation.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.