About the job Commodity Tax manager
We are currently seeking a Director of Indirect Taxes to join our team! In this exciting role, you will work closely with the partner in charge of the Indirect Tax department to provide exceptional service to our clients.
- Conduct research and analysis on complex indirect tax issues
- Prepare internal and external tax opinions and memos in both French and English
- Represent clients during tax audits and prepare detailed written responses to tax authorities
- Draft interpretation requests and other communications to tax authorities, such as requests for penalty waivers
- Review clients' tax compliance and respond to frequent client inquiries regarding indirect taxes
- Stay up-to-date on changes and developments in tax laws and participate in internal department meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with indirect taxes in a public accounting or law firm setting
- Passion for taxation, particularly indirect taxes
- Strong knowledge of Canadian indirect tax laws
- Excellent technical research and analysis skills
- Good judgment in all circumstances
- Dedicated, responsible, and committed to meeting clients' objectives
- Honest and driven to excel professionally
- Eager to be part of a high-performing team, learn, and share knowledge and experiences
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly understand complex issues and work in a structured and efficient manner
- Positive, energetic, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills in both French and English, and professional oral communication skills in both languages.
Join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our clients while working with a group of high-performing professionals in the exciting field of taxation!