Job Openings LEVEL 2 USER & NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
About the job LEVEL 2 USER & NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a Level 2 User and Network Support Technician. This position entails working with IT professionals as well as various client users at all levels.
The qualifying candidate will perform the following, amongst others:
- Analyze and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training where required.
- Prepare and install new end user systems.
- Create and maintain an active PC maintenance schedule for all end user systems.
- Ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including assisting in installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all corporate hardware and, software.
- Assist with testing new custom hardware units and software products;
- Assist the IT Support team with hardware installations and troubleshooting.
- Work with the IT Support team to create procedures, documentation, and train staff when required.
This role will be in a fast-paced environment and the candidate is expected to become self-sufficient within 6 months.
- Ability to write and speak French and English.
- Post-secondary education in administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience. Working within a public practice accounting firm or other professional services firm is a strong asset.
- Proficient in MS Office, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, Windows networking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Sense of initiative and attention to detail.
- Collaborative and team-focused.
- Flexibility to work additional hours during peak periods and to work on-call for after-hours support 1 week a month.