About the job Sr. Data Analyst
About the Company
Data is the core of our business, we are the leader in Cannabis Product Assortment & Pricing Intelligence.
To achieve our goals we are leveraging the latest technologies available to build and deliver the best data available in the industry. We have already met our goal of having the largest database of cannabis activity, but it must also be the best in terms of quality and freshness.
With Terabytes of data stacked, 25 employees, and very quick growth, the data is there and we need someone to help us deliver deeper insights. As a Sr. Data Analyst, and under the supervision of our VP of Customer Success, you will have the following missions:
About the job
You will be instrumental in designing and delivering databases on brands, strains & detailed product information within the Global Cannabis Industry. The job is interdisciplinary in that you will work with multiple teams within the company that consume the data you create and manage. You will also get the chance to work directly with customers and partners that consumer the end results of your work.
You will have the chance to combine a deep knowledge of the cannabis market and you own analytical insights to create high quality data to wow customers. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions you deliver!
What You'll Do
● Daily training & improvement of Machine Learning models for automatic categorization and matching.
● Curate data dictionaries around strains & brands
● Work on rapidly growing databases of information around strains, brands and products by enriching them with key data points like brand owners or stain lineages and effects.
● Collaborate with other analysts, product managers and the product catalog team to define and execute on our strategy and product roadmap.
● Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance around data acquisition, quality assurance and best practices.
● Be hands on and take ownership of key areas of data analysis.
● Bring skills and insights to scale data analysis and entry beyond mere keying in fields.
Who You Are
● Unafraid of piles of data which are just puzzles to be solved.
● Prefer some SQL query knowledge
● Work well with excel.
● Good writing skills.
● Good research skills.
● Prior experience in the cannabis field, especially with product knowledge is strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
● Work with other high-caliber talent
● Working on really hard, unsolved problems in Big Data and Machine Learning and using cutting edge technologies to do so.
● Flexible working hours – as long as high-quality work gets done
● Easy-going, infrequent office visits to downtown Chicago (Near the trains!) if you are in the area. Otherwise it’s purely remote.
● Guiding the direction and architecture from the product from an early stage
● Building the business as a partner, not an employee.