About the job Lead / Senior Backend Engineer (Multiple positions)
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer (skilful & ethical) to join our family! You will be part of a forward-thinking, trendsetting team where your opinion matters. We are a multi-cultural and dynamic group of people who take pride and ownership of our work and encourage positive disruption!
Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Work with the product team with the product manager, designers, and other developers to create solutions.
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early-stage rapid prototyping through to market release and continuous improvement after the initial launch.
- Write architecture briefs and proposals, carry out code experiments, and build prototypes to learn how we can achieve planetary scale with our systems
- Coordinate with engineering team and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Assess & improve the productivity of individual team members
- Asses & drive technical outcomes of own team’s deliverables
- You remove technical roadblocks for the team.
- You’ll be expected to play an active role in evolving our overall architecture, especially for systems and products owned by your team
- 2+ years of experience with leading and mentoring a team of developers in a product-focused, agile environment (Preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in software development with a proven track record of building products
- Experienced in full-stack development and software architecture patterns, able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and optionally NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis)
- Extensive practical knowledge of unit and integration tests
- Experience with fast-growing environments and scalable cloud products
- Full understanding of SDLC best practices within a fast-paced culture
- Experience working with the Scrum framework