About the job Business Development Manager - Poultry
Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the largest producers and importers of poultry in Europe. The company specializes in the production of chicken, manufacture of ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat meat products. Part of leading international agro-industrial group.
The groups mission is to provide its customers with high-quality, sustainable, animal-welfare friendly and safe food products, anticipating and meeting their evolving priorities and requirements.
Since Brexit, company opened a new Trading Office in the United Kingdom and growing fast in the region and now have new Sales positions available.
Functional Responsibilities and Key Competencies:
The Client’s Business Development (CBD) Manager is a key role and is responsible for management and growth of existing customers, and identification of future opportunities. Company is targeting Manufacturing, Wholesale or Retail sales channels. Depends on your previous experience, you will be responsible for one of these sales channels. The CBD Manager must have a strong understanding of current market requirements and future trends.
The goal of the company is to apply a pro-active and consultative approach to sales, and to provide to customers solutions, not just products. The successful candidate will be required to sell in a variety of existing products and services, but to also manage potential NPD projects.
- Poultry industry background (preferred), meat or food industry (considered).
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar sales role.
- Experience with CBD (Client’s Business Development).
- Consultative Sales Experience.
- Experience with high value, account management.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience using a CRM system.
- Apply a pro-active and consultative approach to provide customers individual solutions, not basic products.
- Identify, win, and retain new business/customers.
- To understand the customers business and needs with the aim to offer services and solutions.
- Manage and develop relationships with existing and key customers.
- To work with customers, to develop new products and services in cooperation and coordination with RND, NPD and Production.
- Increase sales revenue.
- Track, analyse and communicate key metrics and market (pricing) trends
- Help to develop the companies Monthly, Quarterly and Annual sales forecast.
- Creation and management of customers sales forecast, sales plan, and delivery schedule.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Travel, when necessary, domestic, and international.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Focus on innovations
- High communication & Cooperation skills
- Focus on Customer
- High level of EQ, understanding of Client’s psychology
- Critical thinking
- Strong leadership
- Strategic thinking
- Keen understanding of the Market and Poultry/Meat Industry
- Experience using SAP/CRM
- Office suite
- Experience of international company (advantage).
Package: £50.000-£55.000 + car allowance.
Location: Remote with 1-2 weekly meetings in Hertfordshire.