About the job Assistant Project Manager HVAC
Job Title: HVAC Materials Estimator OR HVAC Assistant Project Manager
About the Role:
A perfect position for an early mid career HVAC Materials Estimator whos an Enthusiastic team player with organizational and multitasking skills able to schedule and work with multiple projects & managers at a time. An excellent opportunity to work for a stable, growing company offering a great work / life balance & a friendly working environment in Milwaukie / Portland Oregon.
- This is a full-time in office position with occasional field visits
- Early / mid career with advancement opportunities
- Pay rate up to $35/hr - depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental Vision Insurance, Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off
- In office Assistant HVAC PM / Materials Estimator position working with Project Managers, Construction Manager
- Analyzing project requirements, determine factors that will influence cost of the service and product
- Preparing cost estimates for both labor and materials
- Estimating projects of varying sizes and scope.
- Closely working with Customers, building & maintaining relationships.
- Providing estimates / Takeoffs or bids for industrial and commercial HVAC construction, retrofit projects.
- Coordinating / reporting various stages of the bidding process
- Managing projects, scheduling, budgets to achieve milestones
- 3+ years of Materials estimating in HVAC commercial construction,
- Will need to attend prebid meetings / walkthroughs as needed.
- Familiarity with budgeting for commercial / Industrial HVAC jobs $5MM and up.
- Communicating and coordinating with PMs, Vendors, to develop pre bid checklist & maintain / management files.
- Will need experience schematics / blueprint reading, and be able to estimate labor and materials
- Excel spreadsheet set up & management, ability to coordinate with Engineers on price, schedule & monitoring the progress of each job.
- A good understanding of VRF, VAV, Split Systems, Packaged units, DDC, Controls, DOAS, ERVs, Kitchen Hoods, Hot water and chilled watersystems.
- Physical requirement, move and lift 25 lbs.
This Job Is:
- Open to HVAC / Construction Materials Estimator with 3 years experience
- Good fit for someone looking to grow their career in a stable company with advancement opportunities
- Great place to grow and have a stable company with great work life balance & excellent benefits