Position: Management Accountant
Salary: £55,000 depending on experience
We are looking for individuals who are fully qualified ideally but will consider someone part qualified nearing the end of their studies to becoming fully qualified. Will need 3-5 years' experience and strong technical / IT skills as this is not a typical or generic in-house Finance / Accountant role. The individual will be working with data to build reports rather than just running reports / financial statements. We are looking for someone tech savvy who is used to working with this sort of data and code combined with strong excel skills.
- Preparation of management reporting, cost reporting and other internal reporting for internal entities
- Extracting and handling data from our accounting system and building new reports to meet business needs
- Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive financial management information to the Management Team and Directors to assist with business decision making
- Drive business performance through interpretation of financial information, making reconditions on actions to be taken through effective business partnering
- Preparation of board packs for regulated entities ensuring all regulatory obligations are met through reporting, analysis and presentation to the Directors
- Construction of financial models to aid with dividend payments
- Ensure regulatory compliance with capital adequacy requirements at all times
- Cost management with Directors to ensure adherence to budget and efficient use of scarce resources
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
We need someone who is data focussed, tech savvy and an analytical thinker.
We are keen to see qualified or part-qualified accountants (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with 3 - 5 years' experience who are excited by the opportunity to work effectively as part of a busy, collaborative team and contribute towards the future success of the firm.
- Previous experience of using SQL
- Previous experience of using SSRS reporting
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and competent in other Microsoft office and financial packages
- Experience with using ViewPoint or other fiduciary services practice management software preferred, but not essential