Group Compliance Manager
Group Compliance Manager
Location : Jersey
Salary £60,000 - £65,000
You'll join the Central Compliance Governance team to provide technical advice, insights, and assurance to stakeholders on risks and how effectively they are being managed.
You'll investigate escalated matters and issues and undertake quality assurance reviews of second line systems and controls to evaluate their effectiveness and adequacy.
Supporting the senior management team is key to achieve operational objectives and our strategy.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may change from time to time according to business needs:
- Provide technical advice, insights, and assurance to stakeholders on the risks and how effectively they are being managed. Recommend effective, efficient compliance and risk solutions
- Act as subject matter expert for compliance and risk projects, gathering and analysing regulatory obligations to develop business requirements
- Analyse issues identified from MI and carry out assessments of second line systems and controls to evaluate their effectiveness and adequacy
- Exhibit oversight and awareness when working with jurisdictions to identify and assess if the Group risk management framework is being adhered to
- Understand and ensure all regulatory aspects are considered and apply solutions in line with AML/CFT legislation, regulations, rules and guidance for the applicable jurisdiction. Ensure this is adopted and enacted in Policy and Procedures and when relevant is adopted in Group Policy
- Investigate escalated issues, providing support to risk/internal audit where necessary. Trouble shooting for matters that arise following errors, escalations, audit investigations or regulatory visits. Bringing step plans together and overseeing to completion. Assess training needs and as appropriate delivery of training or recommend plans for training
What will you need to succeed in this role?
As to be expected, we are searching for someone who can bring a range of skills and experiences to enhance the team. As such, there are a few essential skills we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a risk management or compliance role
- A relevant professional qualification in risk management or compliance
- Knowledge of regulatory framework - financial services regulations and legislation, AML/CFT legislation and associated guidance
- Experience in risk identification/ quantification/mitigation/reporting, trend analysis and incident management (desirable)
- Prior experience of working for a corporate and trust service provider
- Good knowledge of organisations structures, enterprise risk management and internal controls (desirable)
Personal attributes which would be seen in the ideal applicant include;
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to deliver the best for the business
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Be proactive with a methodical approach to deliver timely service to all stakeholders
Please note before applying for this role, five years residency required for this role, as required by Control of Housing and work (Jersey) Law 2012