Job Title: Senior Associate - Litigation
About the organisation:
Providing legal services to clients, under the supervision of partners and/or senior associates. This will include researching, drafting, negotiating and advising on various legal matters.
- To take principal charge of work assignments within the group, with minimal partner intervention. This will entail extensive direct client contact, being responsible for the supervision of junior legal assistant(s) and taking an active role in the identification and implementation of new business initiatives
- To work with the Partners to grow the business by assisting with the development and implementation of the Group’s strategic plans for the particular work area.
- To take responsibility for the management and co-ordination of client work as delegated by the Partners.
- To manage risk exposure in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure all clients receive a high quality, timely and professional service to meet their needs.
- To delegate to and actively supervise the work of more junior staff as appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Significant experience in the practice area
- Strong technical ability
- Some delegation and supervisory experience
- Some business development experience
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Good drafting and research skills.
- Knowledge of research platforms, document management systems.