Analyst Platform Support – Operational Data Platform /Үйл ажиллагааны Мэдээллийн
Платформыг дэмжих Шинжээч/
The Analyst Platform Support is part of the Data Platform team and has the responsibility for providing
support services on Rio Tinto Operational Data Platform (ODP), current and future ODP implementation
projects with focus on support ODP platform and other related technical activities.
What the role entails:
• Support operational ODP instances which consists of Microsoft Technology stack including onpremise and Azure cloud components
• Support in flight ODP project implementation
• Support source data ingestion and data warehouse ETL pipelines
• Support and maintain ODP cloud components including regional and global components that
deployed in Azure cloud.
• Support and monitor technical health of ODP instances e.g. platform performance, data latency,
and data ingestion pipeline status etc.
• Performance tuning and database optimization tasks where necessary
• Follow and use DevOps practices and tools
• Assist local IT support team with troubleshooting and resolution of ODP platform technical issues
• Liaise with ODP technical SMEs and support groups
• Follow regional and global IS&T standard, policies and procedures – such as change
management, support processes
• Undertake technical activities of ODP platform upgrade and releases
• Undertake project related technical activities such as ODP solution building block deployment,
configuration and ETL development for new source systems.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information
Technology or related field (or equivalent experience);
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or Microsoft Certified Information
Technology Professional (MCITP) for Database Administration certifications or any equivalent
Azure technology certifications desirable
• Strong knowledge of physical aspects of database design, server configuration, disk layout, raid
levels and SAN's
• Experience in production support for large and diverse database environments
• Strong working knowledge of database recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, structured
query language, operating systems and related tools.
• Strong T-SQL development experience.
• Experience with Azure Data Solutions preferred
• Experience with DevOps practice and tools preferred
• Experience with Linux operating system (preferably RHEL) preferred
• Experience with containerized application development preferred
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later, T-SQL
• Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) concepts and design patterns
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012 or later
• Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012 or later
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Competent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Understand tasks assignment;
• Seek clarification from process and data experts in specific areas to ensure due diligence of
• Direct communication skills
Deadline: 07 Aug 2020
Employment type: Contractor 6 months (potential to extent further)
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 99807500 for more information.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you
are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Microsoft SQL Server