About the job Analyst Data Quality Services
In proud partnership, SCC is excited to deliver jobs at Rio Tinto Mongolia and its Mongolia Business Services & Support Centre.
About Our Client
- Dynamic work culture and great exposure to multicultural teams
- Make an impact and contribute to the development of a world-class project within a pioneering organization
- Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. We focus on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
Rio Tintos Mongolia Business Services & Support Centre delivers valuable services to Rio Tinto business units and functions outside of Mongolia.
The Data Quality Services team is looking for an Analyst, proficient MS SQL to join a motivated and dedicated team delivering Data Quality reports and remediation solutions as well as Master Data management solutions to the Rio Tinto Business.
As part of the team, you will gather business-specific requirements and articulate these as scopes of work, liaise with Specialists and principal Advisors within their Business Partner Function to design and implement new and improve existing applications to support improved data quality outcomes for Rio Tinto.
You will need strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, a keen eye for detail, and the curiosity to investigate data quality patterns and recommend how they can be identified and resolved.
Employment type: 6 months contractor role
What the role entails:
Execute operational Data Quality services tasks to ensure standards are followed, which can include:
Analysis of data quality issues
Remediation of data deficiencies
Testing of reports and ETL scripts
Assist in the compilation and Analysis of data for management reporting and metrics
Custom web app development using our proprietary tool
Work in partnership with Data Stewards in the Business Partner Functions and IS&T Solution Delivery teams.
Be involved in Continuous Improvement & Quality Assurance in relation to Data Quality across allocated business partner function
Work with solution development teams to support the development, under supervision, of Data Quality solutions across Rio Tinto.
- Design and enhance data quality reports (SQL)
- Strong knowledge and experience of MS SQL (or any equivalent SQL like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Good command of English to communicate with customers around the world
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field of study (similar work experience with a science and business degree would work)
- Experience/Certification in programming and software development
- Experience/Certification in ETL/Pipeline development
- Knowledge of the French language would be an advantage
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience with Relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL), preferably on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely
- 1+ years experience in implementing IT projects.
- Programming language, coding skills (.NET, C#, JSON for example)
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) concepts and design patterns
- Data Quality concepts, dimensions, patterns, passive v active.
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to operate across cultures with virtual teams dispersed globally.
- Knowledge of SDLC and awareness of project management processes and frameworks
- Customer focus and a basic understanding of the business context
- Self-motivated individual, who shows a willingness to take on challenges and to learn new skills
If you're interested in this role, please send the following documents to email@example.com or call me at 9966-3800.
- Cover Letter
- Resume / CV
Job application closes as of Sep 25, 2023 COB.