Analyst - Data Quality Services
In proud partnership, SCC
is excited to deliver jobs at Mongolia and its Mongolia Delivery Centre.
About Our Client
· Dynamic work culture and great exposure to multicultural teams
· Make an impact and contribute to the development of a world-class project within a pioneering organization
· Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
Rio Tinto’s Mongolian Delivery Centre delivers valuable services to Rio Tinto business units and functions outside of Mongolia.
The Data Quality Services team is looking for an Analyst, proficient MS SQL to join a motivated and dedicated team delivering Data Quality reports and remediation solutions as well as Master Data management solutions to the Rio Tinto Business.
As part of the team you will gather business specific requirements and articulate these as scopes of work, liaise with Specialists & Principal Advisors within their Business Partner Function to design and implement new and to improve existing applications to support improved data quality outcomes for Rio Tinto.
You will need strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, a keen eye for detail and the curiosity to investigate data quality patterns and recommend how they can be identified and resolved.
Employment type: 6 or 12-months contractor role
What the role entails:
· Execute operational Data Quality services tasks to ensure standards are followed, which can include:
o Analysis of data quality issues
o Data enrichment
o Remediation of data deficiencies
o Testing of reports and ETL scripts
o Assist in compilation and Analysis of data for management reporting and metrics
· Work in partnership with Data Stewards in the Business Partner Functions and IS&T Solution Delivery teams.
· Be involved in Continuous Improvement & Quality Assurance in relation to Data Quality across allocated business partner function
· Work with solution development teams to support development, under supervision, of Data Quality solutions across Rio Tinto.
· Design and enhance data quality reports (SQL)
· Ability to work in a team environment in a Co-Vid disrupted landscape where operating in a dual work environment of ‘work from home’ and Office may be necessary at short notice.
· Fluency in English (IELTS score of 6 or higher or equivalent)
· Strong command of MS SQL (or equivalent: MySQL, PostgreSQL, T-SQL)
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field of study
· Experience/Certification in programming and software development
· Experience/Certification in ETL/Pipeline development
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Experience with Relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL), preferably on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely
· 1+ years’ experience in implementing IT projects.
· Programming language, coding skills (we currently use .NET, C#, JSON)
· Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) concepts and design patterns
· Data Quality concepts, dimensions, patterns, passive v active.
· SAP experience a plus
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to operate across culture with virtual teams dispersed globally.
· Knowledge of SDLC and awareness project management processes and frameworks
· Customer focus and a basic understanding of business context
· Self-motivated individual, whom shows a willingness to take on challenges and to learn new skills
If you’re interested in this role, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 9980-7500 for more information.
· Cover Letter
· Resume / CV
Job application closes as on May 2, 2021
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”