The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the progress in a timely and cost effective manner. Role is to support the project team in construction, organization, implementation, scheduling and safety of the project.
Health, Safety & Environment
· Be a role model for a positive safety culture within the organization by ensuring all work undertaken in areas of responsibility comply with applicable Company HSE standards and safety legislation.
· Promote and demonstrate values and behaviors in line with Company HSE policies and standards.
· Coordinate with HSE team to define HSE requirements for contractors on site.
· Ensures that health, safety, environmental and community requirements are always given first priority in supplier agreements and strategic partnering.
· Oversee all road construction to monitor compliance with road and safety regulations
· Manage project supervisors, and contractors
· Meet contractual conditions of performance
· Review the work progress on daily basis and take required actions to meet schedule
· Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
· Prepare plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
· Analysis of risk mitigation
· Ensure quality of road construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
· Determine labor and equipment requirements and dispatch as required
· Ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders at different levels.
· Ability to mentor and train subordinates and contractors
· Ability to create and sustain healthy team environment with respect and dignity
· Initiate, develop and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with internal/external stakeholders, senior management and project personnel.
· Ability to develop and maintain project requirement under tight deadline
· Ability to identify dependencies and critical path for programs and projects.
· Excellent time and issue management capacity with strong ability to meet critical deadlines
· Communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders at all levels.
Internal: Management, Project leads, project control team, team members and other business unit at Company as required. Nature of interaction is frequent and involves sharing of Information that provides a better understanding of the construction work and its operating environment to Ensure project execution efficiency.
External: Mongolian contractors/supervisors. Nature of interaction is frequent and involves communicating daily planned project tasks and objectives in order to early identify the issues during execution and provide a Better project deliverables to project team. The person in this role is expected to have these required relationships to help develop consistent operating practices and continuous improvement of operating and quality procedures.
Internal / External Impact
· Role contributes to the success of project execution/delivery plan to the internal end users.
· Accountable for ensuring process development and providing detailed project deliverable expertise
· Ensure communication effective relation to HSE components that will contribute to a zero accidents/incidents and maximize safety of working environment.
· Direct project impact through delivery of accurate and timely project information to the required user which will influence on project performance and contract execution within defined budget
Education/Qualifications & Essential Experience
· Proven working experience in road and bridge construction management
· Advanced knowledge of road and bridge construction management processes, means and methods
· Ability to plan and see the construction in “big picture”
· Ability to lead and inspired team
· Excellent time and construction management skill
Technical Competencies & Skills
· Degree in road and bridge construction or related field
· Knowledge project management skills are desirable
· Consolidated plans, Critical Path assessment, Baseline management, Tracking and reporting.
· Willingness and the right attitude to work as part of a team
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Proficient in developing professional relationships with clients and suppliers.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks.
· Ability to lead and/or contribute to a team environment.
· Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
· Functional PC and internet skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other internet base web tools.
· Ability to work in achieving tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
· The ability to work effectively and productively in a cross cultural team environment, with minimal supervision
Please apply by sending your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +976-99807500 for more information.
Mitigation Construction Management Working Experience Budget Legislation Road Excel Analysis PowerPoint Deliverables Continuous Improvement Components Problem Solving MS Word Scheduling Contractors Regulations reporting Construction Pressure Education Suppliers Project Management Communication Business Management