About the job Network Engineer
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Scicom offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We are currently looking for a Network Engineer to support our clients’ networks.
The Network Engineer is the first line of defense and will need to work with the service centers located across US, and responsible for handling standard and low complexity incidents, work with remote L3 engineers for issue resolution as needed to ensure that the client IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating, and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore services to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors
The Network Engineer identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary. They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Scicom colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests
They investigate first line support calls assigned to them and identify root cause of incidents and problems. They ensure that efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product request and liaising with other team members. They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary. They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution with the service level conditions.
Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 2nd line support team.
They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by Dimension Data procedures.
When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analyzing and escalating the support calls. They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
Network Engineers that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity. They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules.
Network Engineers are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes. They identify failures and shortcomings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Network Engineers are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by Scicom and the client. They display a strong client service orientation and strive to always meet and exceed SLAs. Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
What we expect you to do
In this position you will be required to:
- Be an Excellent Communicator who will interact with Service Center staff/managers or Telco providers.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Dimension Data procedures.
- Investigate first line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Monitor infrastructure remotely.
- Ensure that the assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
- Report and escalate issues to remote L3 Network team/ 3rd party vendors, as necessary.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Effective spoken and written English communication.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences and\or a combination of equivalent training and hands on work experience.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and capable of managing large, complex projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision.
- CCNA or relevant certifications preferred.
- 2 – 4 years working experience
- At least 2 years of ‘hands-on’ IT experience supporting and resolving diverse networking issues.
- Experience with CISCO Routing & Switching.
- Familiar with Solarwinds & NetBrain.