About the job Meat Packer
• Manual pack meat from holding containers into the machine and also packing from the machine into boxes;
• Unskilled tasks would include bone guarding, boxing, scanning;
• Carry out instructions to revac and/or rescan products correctly;
• As skills grow, the ability to identify cuts of meat and types of meat properly;
• Ability to identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected;
• Process bulk vac/coffin orders independently; and
• Assist machine operators in running machines and orders through the machine properly (apprentice type situation). Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Manage own time and the time of others.
• Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Attention to details and putting packages of meat in boxes and palletizing
• Wage starts from $14.75 and perfect attendance bonus available.
• Holiday pay, Vacation pay, Sick pay, Team member market discount on first day of employment.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Term Life Insurance, 401K retirement plan, educational assistance program after 60 days.
• (Additional waiting periods and/or enrollment seasons may apply for some benefit plans.)