About the job Physical Education Coordinator*
Sekolah Pelita Harapan is a group of five International Christian schools located in the heart of Indonesia - the city of Jakarta. From a visionary beginning in 1993, Sekolah Pelita Harapan schools continue to develop as Indonesias leading Christian schools with a focus on academic excellence, personal growth, and spiritual development. Our vision of True Knowledge, Faith in Christ and Godly Character defines our goals for students: that they may come to understand that all truth emanates from God the Creator and Sustainer and is to be found ultimately in a relationship with Jesus Christ His Son and our Saviour. The end result of accepting and living out these truths is the development of godly character as those made in the image of God.
We aim to achieve this goal by focusing on Christ as the preeminent One in Gods plan of redemption in the world, believing that He calls us to engage with Him in the worlds restoration from its brokenness. We want our students to be people of influence and action in the world, well-equipped to engage positively wherever they may serve.
We are grounded in an Evangelical, Reformed theology that seeks truth wherever it may be found and recognizes that all truth is Gods. Using the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge programs allows us to develop mature, thoughtful students who are committed to life-long learning and who utilize inquiry to search out the truth.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including housing, medical insurance, a retirement plan, and travel to and from Indonesia, for all members of a family. Interested candidates should send an application at their earliest convenience.
- Leads and supervises the team
- Assists the Principals in their selection, scheduling, etc.
- Clearly understands the curriculum
- Manages the budget and resources
- Ensures a safe and high degree of hospitality to visiting schools, participants, and guests at SPH
- Plans and organizes, with the staff, intra, and inter-school sporting events; develop House Team competition
- Develops, implements, and assesses staff development and training (policies, procedures, etc.)
- A degree in Education or an advanced degree in the subject area
- Strong, demonstrable Christian faith
- A biblical Christian worldview
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A love for students
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team
- A commitment to personal and professional growth