Job Openings School Counsellor
About the job School Counsellor
- Assist the appropriate Year Level Leader with Academic tracking and contacting parents, setting up and being involved in meetings, where students are at Academic Risk.
- Assist the appropriate Year Level Leader in providing additional counseling for either students or their parents, if they are experiencing difficulties.
- Assist the Year Level Leader in welcoming new students and monitoring their integration into the community.
- Assist in collecting homework for students that are on prolonged absences.
- Homeroom duties, either in the form of their own homeroom group, or supply teaching during this time.
- Assist the Support for Learning Teacher in providing students with additional ESL or other academic support.
- As other tasks and areas of need arise from time to time, to help the involved parties.
- A degree in Education or an advanced degree in the subject area
- Strong, demonstrable Christian faith
- A biblical Christian worldview
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A love for students
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team
- A commitment to personal and professional growth