About the job Head of Student Services
Sekolah Pelita Harapan is a group of five International Christian schools located in the heart of Indonesia - the city of Jakarta. From a visionary beginning in 1993, Sekolah Pelita Harapan schools continue to develop as Indonesia's leading Christian schools with a focus on academic excellence, personal growth, and spiritual development. Our vision of True Knowledge, Faith in Christ, and Godly Character defines our goals for students: that they may come to understand that all truth emanates from God the Creator and Sustainer and is to be found ultimately in a relationship with Jesus Christ His Son, and our Saviour. The end result of accepting and living out these truths is the development of godly character as those made in the image of God.
We aim to achieve this goal by focusing on Christ as the preeminent One in God's plan of redemption in the world, believing that He calls us to engage with Him in the world's restoration from its brokenness. We want our students to be people of influence and action in the world, well-equipped to engage positively wherever they may serve.
We have grounded in an Evangelical, Reformed theology that seeks truth wherever it may be found and recognizes that all truth is God's. Using the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge programs allows us to develop mature, thoughtful students who are committed to life-long learning and who utilize inquiry to search for the truth.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including housing, medical insurance, a retirement plan, and travel to and from Indonesia, for all members of a family. Interested candidates should send an application at their earliest convenience.
1. To oversee and provide leadership for the counseling system within the Senior School and encourage all staff to carry out their pastoral responsibilities to the best of their ability.
2. To encourage and liaise with the Student Council and ensure they are effective and responsible in representing the student body. Ensure the Council has adequate lines of communication with Senior School Management.
3. Encourage a wide range of student activities and ensure that these are adequately supervised and safety guidelines are known and adhered to.
4. Ensure that all field trips are administered according to a well-understood policy, especially in areas of supervision, safety, and parental awareness.
5. Ensure a positive and disciplined environment and oversee a disciplinary policy that is seen to be fair and in keeping with the mission and vision of the school.
6. Assist the Head of School, and liaise with the Admissions Officer, in functions relating to student entry to the Senior School such as entry testing and class placement.
7. Coordinate, in conjunction with relevant curriculum coordinators, the reporting system and administration of exam timetables for internal exams.
8. Liaise with parents as necessary and organize Parent/Teacher Conferences.
9. Liaise with Junior school to ensure smooth and effective transition of students
10. To work with the Head of the Senior School and Senior School Principal to ensure adequate recognition for graduating students.
- Exhibit a strong Christian faith and dedication to growing spiritually.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- A love for students.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team.