About the job Contract HR Manager Consultant (ongoing recruitment; can be located anywhere)
At Shockingly Different Leadership, we are changing the way HR-functions scale up their teams during peak periods of work!
SDL is a global strategic human capital consultancy which provides the best consulting expertise in the areas of Talent Development, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Human Resources - on an on-demand, project, or flexible basis.
We've hired the best proven experts across the globe, made our services competitively affordable, and added a high dose of empathy to "meet clients where they are", no matter how ambiguous or complicated their initiative. Our clients deserve a partner who co-creates with them to deliver great work that achieves "shockingly different" results!
SDL has an ongoing need for Contract HR Consultants for our clients. Consultants will proactively partner and engage with various company leaders, people-managers and employees, to carry out the People strategy of the organization. This position is a true HR generalist role, which includes a combination of both tactical and strategic activities.
These contract positions are usually full-time for 3-12 months. Sporadically, we also have part-time positions.
Key Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Conducting a needs analysis to determine HR priority projects
- Helping to implement HR strategies and partner with leaders to define and execute their people-related strategies
- Implementing the processing of all back-office HR activities, including onboarding, off-boarding, status changes, background checks, new hire orientation, recruiting, all-employee communications and compliance.
- Researching, troubleshooting and implementing risk-reducing approaches to all employee relations issues
- Owning HRIS database management and administration
- Helping to implement total rewards initiatives, including but not limited to performance reviews, compensation, and benefit plans
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to the attraction, development and retention of diverse leadership, management, and employee talent.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Assist with other HR projects and initiatives as needed
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration or related field.
Required Minimum Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development.
Required Minimum Skills:
- 5+ year of HR generalist/manager experience
- Knowledge of human resource laws and regulation
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Supervisory or management experience, a plus
Targeted Pay Rate
Varies based on client. Be sure to submit your hourly and daily rate during the application process.