About the job Senior SysAdmin (66W3W5)
Sr SysAdmin (66W3W5)
South Geeks engages top performance Software Developers from Latin America to join our clients’ teams worldwide. We build amazing products and sustain long-term relationships with our counterparts. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company. The results are seen in the performance of our teams and the bond we hold with each of our clients.
About the role:
You will be working 100% remotely for our client, an important Cybersecurity company located in California, US.
What you will be doing:
- Install and support networks, servers, storage, security systems and configure software, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements and in keeping with best practice protocols in protection of data.
- Evaluate and onboard new saas security solutions and technologies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities on Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Deploy and maintain endpoint agents on Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedure documentation.
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and implement corrective actions including ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Manage network Firewall, Antispam, Antivirus, and Web filtering devices, SSL certificates, and Office365 Security management.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- 8+ years experience in Linux system administration.
- Knowledge of networking, virtualization, GCP/AWS networking and EC2 and server maintenance.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Salt, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge with Patch Management platforms such as SCCM, Automox, JAMF.
- Working knowledge maintaining security on endpoints, using technologies such as CrowdStrike, CrabonBlack, Code42, DigitalGuardian, etc.
- Exceptional communication
- System administration certification is desirable
- Familiarity with deploying and using Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration is useful.