Job Openings Full Stack Developer (W84969)
About the job Full Stack Developer (W84969)
Full Stack Developer (W84969)
South Geeks engages top performance Software Developers from Latin America to join our clients’ teams worldwide. We build amazing products and sustain long-term relationships with our counterparts. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company. The results are seen in the performance of our teams and the bond we hold with each of our clients.
About this role
Our customer is the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, they are one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology.
The Engineering Team collaborates to deliver features for our users and customers while setting and maintaining SLAs to ensure reliable system performance. As for the tech stack, they believe in using the right tool for the job, including Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS).
As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll collaborate with other Engineers, as well as cross-functional teams, to maximize site availability, performance, and uptime, as well as helping develop new features for students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
• You have consistently shipped high-quality code to production as part of a team
• You enjoy tackling interesting, complicated problems and following them through to the end
• You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
• You write clean code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
• You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
• You have built single page web applications with an emphasis on maintainability and user experience
• Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
What you'll do:
• Design and implement backend systems to improve a communications platform supporting over 30 million students, parents, and educators.
• Increase the fault tolerance of the distributed services.
• Ensure the system can scale to handle several times the current load.
• Deliver features that delight millions of parents, teachers, and students that use the platform.