About the job Technology Partner | Global Law Firm | HKG
Our client is easily ranked in the global 100 rankings for gross revenues and in the top tier of many practice areas across the legal directories around the world. With a strong and ever-growing presence in Hong Kong and Asia, they are hiring a non-contentious technology partner with a significant client following to join their Hong Kong office. For candidates with a lesser than required book of business, a counsel with partner-track role could be available to the successful candidate.
As a non-contentious technology partner, you will:
- Build a technology practice to become one of the pillars in their Asia offering
- Advise clients on a range of technology-related matters, and inclusive of one or more of the following: data protection, cybersecurity, e-commerce, outsourcing, cloud computing, fintech, and blockchain.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex technology contracts and agreements with vendors, suppliers, customers, and regulators.
- Work closely with our contentious technology teams globally and locally to provide pre-litigation advice and support on technology disputes and investigations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients across various sectors, such as retail, commercial, financial services, crypto, energy and life sciences, amongst others.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the firms regional technology practice by participating in business development activities, such as marketing, networking, and thought leadership.
- A Hong Kong or other common law qualification to practice law.
- At least 10 years of relevant post-qualified experience in non-contentious technology law, preferably in a leading law firm or in-house role.
- A strong client following and portable business.
- An excellent academic background and an enthusiastic approach to delivering first-rate legal services.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality work and achieving exceptional client satisfaction levels.
- A commercial mindset and a strategic approach to problem-solving.
- A collaborative and collegial attitude and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Recognitions within the legal industry, such as rising star or similar accolades or mentions in legal directories.
- Strong Mandarin language skills are a distinct advantage although not mandatory.
- An extensive network of offices worldwide with genuine referral opportunities.
- A collegiate international partnership.
- A competitive remuneration package and a supportive and diverse work environment.
- Genuine support in building a credible regional technology practice.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply online with your CV and cover message. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lead consultant: Chris Tang