About the job Energy & Projects Partner | Global Law Firm | SG
This prestigious commercial international law firm operates in more than 20 countries worldwide and provides legal services in corporate finance, cross-border M&A, privatisations, funds establishment, commercial advisory, technology, and arbitration work, amongst others. They are seeking an experienced energy and projects partner (qualified experienced lawyer) with client following to join their Singapore office. Working with the regional Head of Projects you will collaborate together to earn a bigger piece of the pie in this practice area across the region and utilising the firms rich client base and name to elevate the practice group.
- Advise clients on complex and high-value energy and infrastructure projects, with particular emphasis on M&A deals in the renewable energy, power generation, oil and gas, mining, transportation, infrastructure and utilities sectors.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from origination to execution, including conducting feasibility studies, due diligence, drafting and negotiating project as well as sale and purchase and investment contracts, coordinating with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders, and overseeing project financing, development and operation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients, intermediaries and referral sources, and identify new business opportunities in the Asia-Pacific market
- Develop a team of junior lawyers and associates, and provide them with guidance, feedback and training
- Contribute to the strategic direction and growth of the firms energy and projects practice, and enhance the firms reputation and brand in the market
- A common law qualified lawyer with at least 10 years of post-qualified experience in energy and projects at a major international law firm
- A proven track record of successfully leading and executing complex and high-value energy and infrastructure projects and M&A deals in the Asia-Pacific region
- A strong network of contacts and relationships with clients, intermediaries and referral sources in the Asia-Pacific market
- Proven client following and significant portable business
- Excellent legal, commercial and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A proactive, innovative and collaborative approach to work
- Fluent in English is a must, other Asian languages are a plus
For a confidential discussion, please contact Chris Tang on firstname.lastname@example.org.