About the job Software Test Engineer
StartupHeroes is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Software Test Engineers based in Istanbul. To identify, analyse, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, and content. Develop and execute testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability. Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems. Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environment. Identify defects using the automated test suite that simulate the user interactions with the system, and provide steps by step flow to reproduce reported problems. Perform complete Software Testing Lifecycle from requirement gathering, creation of automation test cases, executing them and reporting them. Work collaboratively within a project team to support different phases of testing in different environments and for different levels of Business Users.
StartupHereoes has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Build robust automated test cases for regression testing and sanity testing across the whole platform.
- Execute and update manual test cases as assigned
- Review and validate existing defect reports
- Build and maintain the test automation framework.
- Test and automate API testing.
- Integrate automation testing into CI to improve test execution pipelines within the dev and release process.
- Come up with creative solutions to improve efficiency and reduce manual effort.
- Collaborate with other engineers, providing testing insights and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our product.
What you should have
- You’ve been testing web applications professionally for 0+ years. :)
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.