About the job Housekeeper
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining high standards in all guest rooms, preparing rooms for new arrivals, refreshing guests’ rooms that are staying another night and cleaning public areas. You should operate a very high standard of cleaning and general housekeeping, and be able to perform your tasks with deft and speed - prioritising the most important tasks to ensure workload is completed before guest check-in.
Why join St John's Staff Hire?
We are big enough to have brilliant industry contacts but small enough to offer you all of the personal touches. Getting you placed at a client that suits you matters to us: we want to make sure good people get good jobs.
At St John's Staff Hire we focus on having the best people join our team, and we reward the team by providing a high hourly rate of pay.
- Previous housekeeping experience is essential
- Physically fit
- Work with high attention to detail
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Able to work under pressure and in an organised way
- Initiative in solving problems
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of client work areas such as linen cupboard, common storage rooms
- Prepare necessary materials at the start of each shift to accomplish daily tasks
- Prepare client’s guest rooms in accordance with the client’s instructions and to a high standard
- Carry out cleaning of other areas as requested by client e.g. public corridors/toilets etc.
- Report any damages or repairs to the correct department
- Report every lost and found item to the Head Housekeeper
- Always interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize trip and slip hazards
- Ensure personal appearance is kept clean and professional
The good bits!
Salary: Between £10 and £12.50 per hour, dependent on age and experience
Location: South Lakeland
Hours: 30+ per week
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.