About the job General Assistant (Hospitality)
As a General Assistant (Hospitality), you are likely to get the opportunity to work across all operational departments for example restaurant, kitchen, bar, housekeeping and reception. This will enable you to develop many different skill sets. The General Assistant is responsible for high standards of delivery across many areas, stepping in as and when required to help ensure the smooth running of the venue and guarantee guests receive the best possible experience.
Why join St John's Staff Hire?
We are big enough to have brilliant industry contacts but small enough to offer you all of the personal touches. Getting you placed at a client that suits you matters to us: we want to make sure good people get good jobs.
At St John's Staff Hire we focus on having the best people join our team, and we reward the team by providing a high hourly rate of pay.
- Cheery, helpful outlook
- Versatile and proven delivery in the areas that you will be working e.g. cheffing (commis level), kitchen porter and guest hosting services
- Some housekeeping experience is preferred, to ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness if called upon to clean
- Effective team player
- Good numeracy, literacy and organisational skills
- Provide the highest possible standards in a range of departments
- Ensure that all customers (internal and external) receive timely, polite and courteous service
- Willingness to move between departments as and when it is required of you e.g. Kitchen, Housekeeping, Bar, Restaurant
- Leading from the front – being a positive and active contributor all the time, using initiative to ensure you are always adding value
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and grooming at all times
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of chemicals and work to minimise slip and trip hazards
The good bits!
Salary: Between £10 and £12.50 per hour, dependent on age and experience
Location: South Lakeland
Hours: 30+ per week
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.